Saturday, May 10, 2008

Learning English

Learning English

I am studying English because I want to communicate with people in order to push my career forward, and so that I can find a good job in Canada. I believe it’s the language of my future. Maybe it’s the best thing I can do to improve my life. I’m majoring in commerce because many questions came to me as if they just wanted to torment my childhood. I wished, like every child, to change the world. Therefore, I decided to study business to solve some of the deep mysteries of economics. For an example, why are some countries richer than others?

I like reading mystery books, rollerblading, and studying English. I spend hours, even days studying. That’s how much I want to learn English. After the classes end, I go to the library to do my homework. Also when I am in home I try to read the news paper, watch TV and listen to the news on the radio. Besides that, I’m taking business courses like Writing for Business and The Canadian Financial System.

The most difficult thing about learning English is when I write paragraphs. I get mixed up when I have to sort all my ideas and put them into words. Therefore, I should try to expand my vocabulary. On the other hand, the easiest thing for me learning English is talking, even badly, but people understand me.

In short, I need to improve my writing, use more vocabulary, and go out more frequently and practice.

1 comment:

Desert Surfer said...

Hi Victoria,

Now that your blog is linked to mine successfully, I admire your motivation and zeal to learn English. Your best way to improve your writing is to write following the pre-writing techniques we practised in class.

I look forward to reading more about you and your work in the next blog entry.

Best,

Z.