Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A scary vacation

A scary Vacation
This is the most frightening experience that I've had in my short life. It happened underwater, twenty meters deep. Basically scuba is my addiction and I travel to as many places I afford; therefore, I always get very excited when vacations are close; especially long vacations because I enjoy the beach even if there is nobody to go with. I’m convinced that the ocean is beautiful, but yet dangerous. One of the most unpleasant places to die is in the ocean. It started one day last summer, when my boyfriend and I decided to enjoy the wonderful and colorful islands in Thailand. After we had been been travelling for more that seventeen hours, we arranged an outing for the next morning. Then we went to a marvelous place 45 km from the island.

Surrounded by greenish wonderful nature, we started to descend through the warm and blue sea with big waves that anybody would like to enjoy. Even though I’m not a great swimmer, it was not a big deal because of the bouyancy compensater strapped on my body. Unfortunately, that day I was so excited that my air was used faster than normal. Just afterwards when the group was doing the safety decompression stop, I took off my regulator just for fun, but whet I put it back I did not have air! I tried to swim to the surface. Then somebody pulled me down to the rope and gave me his octopus regulator. I love the ocean; however, it cannot be trusted. This feeling helped me a lot being aware on trips. I need to stay focussed. Although that experience was scary, we explored dives there with exotic marine species and many different kinds of fish that I have never seen in real life. Aquatic life like clown fish, globefish, and flower horn fish among others.

No comments: